Saturday, January 26, 2008

Time

It's a valuable thing. Something I cherish whenever I get it. This is something I've been struggling with as of late. Sir has been being so patient with it, with me. He is making more efforts to include me in time he is spending with others. In doing so for me, I have done the same for him. Even though it pans out to only be a few more minutes here or there and a couple extra phone calls, it's not about the time, it's about feeling like I'm involved in more of his life than just what I am to him alone.

The more obstacles we overcome, the more communication we have, the more we open up to each other... it becomes more reassuring to me that this is right. It's hard work all the time. Easily the most time intensive and detail oriented relationship I have been a part of. Moments like this when I realize how the hard work on a particular situation has paid of, makes it worth it. makes all of the tears and hours of communication and struggling worth it. I look back now on how badly I wanted to run away or shut down during that time and I end up being really glad that Sir pushed me as hard as he did to hang in there and fight for it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"it's about feeling like I'm involved in more of his life than just what I am to him alone"

I certainly understand this feeling, and struggle with it constantly. But you're right, the more tough stuff that we go through, the stronger the connection becomes. I try to remember that when I feel so overwhelmed with it all.

~S