Thursday, January 24, 2008

Misconceptions

I hate when I am around someone and they say something off key about the lifestyle. It doesn't have to be that they are wrong, just that they say something that isn't entirely right or they just don't get what they are saying. I'm of the mind that if you just don't get it then you should keep your mouth shut instead of spouting off some incessant bullshit and try to sound like you know what you are talking about. Not only are you making a fool of yourself to anyone who really understands what you are talking about, you are just being naive.

Someone very close to me judged "people like that" tonight and when I say very close.... grrrr I mean very close. It's upsetting to say the least. I mean, I expect to hear it from time to time from random people... people I don't know, but when I'm being judged by friends or family for my choices... it's a completely different feeling.

I know that they don't realize it's me they are insulting with their snide comments or remarks, but it just goes to show that you should always watch what you say because you don't know how it will effect the people around you... the people you supposedly care about.

1 comment:

luna_lux said...

i imagine, sometimes, that this must be what it must have been like 20 years ago, and to be gay.