Thursday, December 20, 2007

Expectation

I was tasked today with journaling about what I feel I needed to expect from Sir. The thoughts are below. These are things he has already given me, but that I would expect to continue on and on. Not once can I think of that he didn't do or went back on one of the items below. There are times where we have revisited them because I did not feel I was getting enough of something, and Sir was always respectful, calm, and rational about responding and addressing as long as I brought it to him in a respectful and calm way. This is not to say I always get my way, but I do appreciate that he takes the time to listen and try to make things better for both of us. For this I am greatful.

Honesty
I expect Sir to always be honest with me, even if he knows it will upset me. I want to know things, details, they help me to learn and understand.
Patience
I expect Sir to be patient with me, this does not mean give me free passes, but just be patient and kind and...
Understanding
I need Sir to be understanding of me, my actions, my feelings. To not get angry or bitter when I share, because it is difficult for me to do so.
Reliability
I want to be able to rely on Sir for anything and everything and trust he will be there, maybe not right away and ready to go, but to be there eventually and make an effort.
Control
I expect Sir to take control, to give direction, to give tasks. In doing so it makes me feel closer to him, that I am pleasing him, that I belong to him. It makes me feel safe.
Discipline
I expect Sir to set goals for me, I expect him to set expectations for me and hold me accountable when I do something wrong because it helps me to learn - it helps me to grow.
Respectful
I expect Sir to be respectful of me, my feelings, and my actions. To not judge me or belittle me in anyway.
Teacher
I expect Sir to be my mentor and teacher. To give me lessons, to challenge me to broaden my horizons. I expect him to push me beyond my limits so that I can learn and grow.

All of these things are important to me because of many different reasons. The most important thing to me is to know that I am pleasing Sir and these things help me to do that and to stay in my place, as it should be.

No comments: