Saturday, December 15, 2007

Studies

Before he went out of town this weekend I was given my task for while he was away. I am to study and learn about protocol and high protocol in his absence. I like it when he gives me things to do in his absence as it makes me feel closer to him and I know he will be thinking about it while he is gone. I also had to send pictures to his email, which he does not check while he is away, and he said he wanted them there so he could think about seeing them all weekend until he got home. That pleases him as much as it pleases me.

The first thing I reviewed was protocol in a matter of minutes I was flooded with information and complaints, complaints mainly about how people have gotten very "casual" regarding protocol. I am glad he wished for me to review this then because of that very fact. I immediately realized it was a set of rules per se... my favorite definition is "Protocol rules are the guidelines which the strong willed andintelligent submissive uses to make decisions in the bestinterests of her DominantProtocol rules are the guidelines which the strong willed andintelligent submissive uses to make decisions in the bestinterests of her Dominant"

I feel depending on the situation he will explain to me which protocol applies and then I will come to understand what he expects in different environments, for now I will be absorbing as much of the information as possible so that when he does call on me, I will not misunderstand what he is asking for. Everyone desires something different, and every situation as well... That is what I like most about him. He allows me to read and study and then follows it by what he expects. It tells me he wants me to know all that is out there so that I am knowledgeable, but first and foremost this important thing is what pleases him.

I read one article by a Dom, where he explained he follows the Old Guard concept and has set three levels of protocol for his house. Low/Middle/High. Low he uses for normal day to day life. Middle he uses for public scene clubs & play situations. He said this is the most classic of his protocols and would be considered a "performance" protocol. High protocol he uses for short periods of time to give instruction or for amusement. He also uses it for longer periods of time for punishment.

Although I read many different rules and opinions in researching protocol this morning, my favorite article was the one I mentioned above. I liked it the most because he did not go into the specifics of the rules, posture, speak because he recognized it would vary from relationship to relationship. He did touch on the general guidelines that all should follow in certain situations out of respect, but mentioned there were still some who did not. I liked it because he explained what guidelines he uses when designing a protocol on an individual bases. It helped me to see the perspective of a dominant and what he was looking for in designing a protocol.

No comments: